The Board of Trustees shall consist of not more than twenty one members, chosen by the Board of Directors from within the active, associate, and honorary members.
The Chairman of the Board of Trustees shall be secret ballot by the Board of Trustees from within its membership. He shall direct its session, extend invitations and organize its agenda.
The Board’s meetings shall be held once every six months.
The Board of Trustees shall give counsel and guidance to the Council in order to help it formulate the main features of its policy, interests and activities, It also shall help to facilitate its smoother functioning.
The Board of Trustees provide support for programmes and activities of the council in their own countries.
Founders and Members of the Council’s first Board of Directors (1977 – 1979) are:
1. Sharif Abdul Hamid Sharaf – ( President ).
2. Adnan Abu Odeh – ( Vice President ) .
3. Mohammad said Abu Nuwar – ( Secretary General ).
4. Taher Hikmat – ( Treasurer ).
5. Zuhair Asfour – ( Deputy Treasurer ).
6. Dr.Abdul Salam Al-Majali.
7. Ali Sahaimat.
8. Prof.Kamal Abu Jaber.
9. Ali Ghandour.
11.Mahmoud Al- Sharif.